POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ElastoLab 2.0 released : Re: ElastoLab 2.0 released Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ElastoLab 2.0 released
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 27 Oct 2001 05:31:43
Message: <3BDA7F0C.229F0DA8@ignorancia.org>

>     Hey, I know you are David K Buck and all that, but isn't this basically
> an -advertisement- for a non-povray product that at best (if it were not an
> ad) should go on p.o.t.?

  No, you are wrong... from the AUP:

4.We do not allow SPAM on this news server. We will allow you to
post
  announcements of your POV-Ray related web page, utilities, or
  programs that POV-Ray users may find useful. Advertising of
commercial         products or services not related to POV-Ray or the 3D
graphics
  industry is not allowed under any circumstances.

  Isn't this a "3D graphics industry" related announcement? And to my
understanding, I don't think David has abused here of his historical
fame. That's an extremely paranoid accusation...

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org/